Monday, May 26, 2008

Softmodding and XBox

So, my roommates and I bought a classic XBox off Craigslist for $40, controllers and games included. But that wasn't enough fun for us, especially since we're all avid torrenters as well with a penchant for free stuff. So we decided to mod the XBox. For some reason I had never heard of softmodding, perhaps because all my friends run chip modding businesses. Either way, watch out for the sweet setup that's coming (pics to be posted as well). At the bottom is the skin that we've chosen for the Box. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

- XBox loaded with XBMC (XBox Media Center)
- Streaming Movies, YouTube videos, and TV Shows to the Box
- Playing DVDs from the XBox
- Playing old-school N64, SNES, etc. games
- Downloading new (old) XBox games instead of sifting through the Gamestop clearance box


Oh. And checking the weather.

No comments:

ShareThis